Length: 125 hours total. Average length of time to graduate ranges from 1- 2 ½ years.
Schedule: If 1:1, you set the pace; if in small groups, ask a SUN Trainer.
Method: Conducted 1:1, in groups, in person, phone and/or distance learning
- 100 hours direct interaction with Trainer
- 25 hours with Trainer agreement and supervision (customization see below)
- Additional opportunities include monthly Tele-learning classes facilitated by credentialled Trainers and SUN Coaches and other coaching leaders, Global skills practices, buddy practices and an annual 4-5 day education retreat in a coaching learning community–all for credit.
“I love how you provide structure and a way to focus, yet at the same time one feels free to create and explore. Structure and freedom sometimes seem to be contradictory terms, but not in your coaching program”
8 DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS
- The SUN program has a unique combination of structure and process. The coach provides the structure; the client provides the content. Our coaching can be applied to personal AND professional coaching.
- Results Game = Priority Initiatives
- Well-Being Game = Quality of work Life
- Guidelines for Living = Best Practices
- Life Purpose = Mission Statement
- SUN Decision Tool = Value-Driven Decisions
- Our client program has 8 meetings; it is not open ended.
- Customization: Our training can have a large 1:1 component and we partner to tailor it to fit your and your clients’ specific needs. For those who take it 1:1, scheduling and payment plans can also be customized. For those who take it in a group, there are a number of customized possibilities that can be co-created with your Trainer.
- Our British roots based the coaching model on sports psychology and management theory, not the behavioral sciences.
- We strongly recommend that you and your clients start with discovering Life Purpose.
- The 1:1 individualized format option works for people who have a need for flexibility as they go through the program therefore meetings are scheduled to meet your time demands and life balance.
- Except in business training where it may not be appropriate, we prefer to train coaches who acknowledge some spiritual base.
- All SUN Trainers are credentialed – PCC or MCC credential
SUN COACHING PHILOSOPHY
- Coaches are formally trained.
- Coaching helps individuals and organizations to develop more rapidly and produce more consistently purposeful and satisfying results and well-being.
- Coaches and clients are partners in the process.
- Clients choose the results to be coached (within the parameters of coaching) and coaching is tailored to the individual needs of the client.
- Coaches help clients tap into their own answers and build upon their natural strengths and abilities.
- Coaches believe that the client is responsible for doing the work to achieve the desired results and well-being.
- Coaches maintain a holistic perspective.
- The power of coaching comes from the strength of the caring bond between the coach and client.
- Coaches come from the perspective that every interaction is an opportunity to be of service.
- Coaches proactively continue their own personal growth and discovery as well as professional enhancement
- Learn the ICF coaching competencies and SUN methodology and philosophy.
- Learn how to facilitate conversations for change, vision, awareness, context and responsibility.
- Successfully set yourself up as a SUN coach.
- Demonstrate ability to enable clients to learn how to produce the results they want.